- Emergencies – dial 999 or 112
- Amen – male victims of domestic abuse www.amen.ie 046 9023718
- Aware – depression & bipolar disorder www.aware.ie 1890 303 302
- Bodywhys – eating disorders support www.bodywhys.ie 1890 200 444
- BelonG To – LGBT youth support www.belongto.org 01 670 6223
- ISPCC Childline – listening to children www.childline.ie 1800 66 66 66
- LGBT Ireland – supporting LGBT people www.lgbt.ie National LGBT helpline 1890 929 539
- Living Links – bereaved by suicide www.spunout.ie/help/service/living-links 086 937 1030
- Parentline – supporting parents & families www.parentline.ie 1890 927277 or 01 8733500
- Pieta House – suicide & self harm www.pieta.ie 1800 247 247
- Samaritans – someone to talk to www.samaritans.org 116 123
- Women's Aid – female victims of domestic abuse www.womensaid.ie 1800 341 900
- WEBWISE www.webwise.ie
- BARNARDOS https://www.barnardos.ie/
- TeenLine http://www.teenline.ie/
Here is a list of some useful links to some of the best online sites and help lines. We have only added organisations who are expert and experienced in dealing with Family, children, Teen and issues.
Help is always only a phone call away.
It is always important to remember – it is ok, not to be ok.
UK Help Lines
- Careline – Crisis Telephone Helpline
020 8514 1177
- Connections Youth Counselling Service
Advice and counselling on gambling problems
- Open Door – Counselling Service for Young People
Free and confidential service for under 26's.
0121 472 2071
- Samaritan Youth Project
020 8692 5228
Telephone advice and information for those with a housing problem
0808 800 4444
Supportline provides a confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual on any issue. The helpline is primarily a preventative service and aims to support people before they reach the point of crisis. It is particularly aimed at those who are socially isolated, vulnerable, at risk groups and victims of any form of abuse
020 8554 9004
- The Line to What Now?
Telephone advice and information for young people aged 11-25. Subjects covered include housing, benefits, education, employment and training, family and relationships, money, sex and sexuality, health, drugs.
0800 511 111
Health and Mental Health
- Anxiety Care
Helpline and other support for people with anxiety problems, obsessive-compulsive disorders and phobias, and their carers.
020 8478 3400
Advice and counselling for young men aged 15 – 24 who are feeling depressed or anxious.
0800 585 858
UK network of disability information and advice services run by people with direct experience of disability.
(01302) 310 123
- Focus Line
Helpline providing support and information for anyone affected by mental health issues, including carers and families.
0800 027 2127
- Health information service
Provides information on NHS services, coping with illnesses and treatments. Provides information about support groups and help lines including mental health, sexual health and those providing information relating to pregnancy/abortion.
0800 66 55 44
- Mental Health Helpline
- MIND infoline
0845 766 0163
- Rethink Severe Mental Illness – National Advice Service
020 8974 6814
Helpline providing information and advice on mental health.
0845 767 8000
- Sexual Health Information Line
0800 567 123
- Threshold – Women and Mental Health Info line
0845 3000 0911
- Women's Health
0845 125 5254 (local rate)
- Young Minds
Help line and other support services for parents concerned about the mental health of a baby, child or young person.
0800 018 2138
Helpline number- 0800 096 1425
- GYL Project
Help line providing information, support and befriending to young lesbians, gay men and bisexuals, their families and friends. Support for young lesbians who self harm.
- Help for Women in Distress
Help and support for women, especially for those who self injure.
(0117) 952 1119
- Project SPEAR
Telephone information and support for people whom self harm and those with stress related illness.
- Self Harm Alliance
Volunteer run group and help line providing information and support to people affected by self harm, including friends, family and professionals who work with them.
Telephone counselling and other support services for individuals who self harm or attempt suicide.
028 7126 6999
Violence and Abuse
- Anger and Stress Management Centre
Telephone advice, support and referral service on anger, conflict and stress management for young people, parents, teachers and adults with work or relationship problems.
020 8441 1153
Telephone and other domestic violence services. Support, advice, guidance and advocacy. Drop-in centre. Counselling, chaperone service. Counselling for child witnesses to domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence/Abuse Line
Telephone information and listening service for anyone concerned about domestic violence or abuse.
0808 808 8088
- Everyman Project
Helpline for anyone concerned about a man's violence. Counselling for men who want to stop their violent or abusive behaviour.
020 7737 6747
- HALT Domestic Violence
0113 243 2632
Refuge's 24 hour national domestic violence helpline provides: emotional support, advice on housing, welfare rights and legal assistance, and referrals.
0808 808 9999
- Women and Girls Network
Telephone advice, face to face counselling, group work and complementary health services for women and girls overcoming experiences of violence – sexual, physical or emotional, recent or past. Referrals to specialist services.
020 7610 434
- Women's Aid 24 Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline
Helpline for women experiencing physical, emotional or sexual violence in the home. Provide advice, information and support, and can refer callers to local refuges and emergency and temporary accommodation across England. All calls charged at local rates.
08457 023 468
020 7403 0888
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous (London)
020 7833 0022
Drinkline is a national alcohol helpline providing counselling, support, advice and information.
0800 917 8282
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR CHILDREN OF ALCOHOLICS
0800 289 061
- National Drugs Helpline
0800 77 66 00
- Breakthrough drug Awareness
Telephone information and other services on all aspects of drug use. Counselling for young drug users and their families.
0808 800 2020
Offering help, hope and freedom from alcohol and drug dependency
Tel: 01747 830733
- Crack Outreach Team
Help and treatment for users. Support to family and friends
(0121) 685 6722
- FRANK CAMPAIGN HELPLINE
Available 365 days a year 24 hours a day. Provides information and advice about drugs and information on local services.
- Health Works
Advice on health and welfare aspects of drug use and the legal consequences.
020 7603 8654